The Local Nature Partnership (LNP) is working to maintain the special and unique environment of Cornwall. It considers the environment in its broadest sense. It draws expertise from a wide range of sectors, including:-
- the environment
- health and wellbeing
- the economy
The partnership has already forged strong links with the economic sector. This is via the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnerships (CIoS LEP). It also has strong links with the two Health and Wellbeing Boards in the area.
The LNP's guiding principle: -
- To maintain Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly's special and unique culture, their communities and the environment.
The LNP’s priorities are to:-
- help find agreement on the best use of environmental assets to realise their local, national and global potential
- build on skills, knowledge, and understanding of the environment. This will increase the value of the environment in local communities and the economy
- connect people, processes and communications. This will improve decision making, efficacy and behaviours about the environment
- grow the natural environment responsibly as a key economic asset, boosting biodiversity and increasing ecosystem goods and services
The board represents a wide range of relevant sectors. It brings with it a broad range of skills and experience. It has four working groups focussing on topic areas of:-
- Health and Wellbeing
- Circular Economy
There are strategic linkages to other partnerships: -
- Cornwall Catchment Partnership
- Cornwall Biodiversity Initiative
Cornwall's Environmental Growth Strategy 2015-2065
This strategy was created as a collaborative effort. This is between Cornwall Council and the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Nature Partnership.
To find out more about Environmental Growth and how to get involved, please visit Grow Nature
Local Nature Partnership e-newsletter
The LNP aims to produce a monthly e-newsletter. This is to inform stakeholders of:
- current environmental growth news
- other useful information
For any other query please contact email@example.com
The information you provide will be used to provide you with an answer to your query or add you to the Environmental Growth e-newsletter list.
We will only use this information in conjunction with the nature of your enquiry.
We will retain your details for 12 months from the date your enquiry is received. This is unless you have requested to be added to the Environmental Growth e-newsletter. In this case your details will be held until you unsubscribe. All personal information held by Cornwall Council is held safely in a secure environment.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.