There are several funds and grants to help environmental and low carbon initiatives. The funding can help initiatives and schemes get started. They can also support existing initiatives and schemes.
Here are a few funding suggestions:
- NEW: Crowdfund Cornwall Climate Emergency funds for
- Carbon Neutral Cornwall projects
- Forest for Cornwall projects
- Town and Parish Council and Community Groups
- Cornwall Council’s Community Chest Fund. The fund offers small grants for local schemes. NB: This fund is currently supporting local communities through the corona-virus.
- Cornwall Council’s Grants advice service. This service has information about funding for community projects.
- The Government's Pocket Parks. For community-led organisations in partnership with local authorities to help communities transform unloved, neglected or derelict areas into new green spaces.
Cornwall Council also offers match funding through Crowdfunder and the Cornwall Social Inclusion Fund.
If you are considering finance options. There are several financing options available. Especially around funding for community renewable energy projects. For example:
The Cornwall Sustainability Awards offer support to start or develop a project. The Sustainability Awards reward and celebrate enterprises that contribute to environmental growth. They also reward and celebrate resource efficiency. You may find similar organisations to your own that you could reach out to through this scheme.
The Government has tax relief schemes that encourage environmentally friendly business.