Money off council tax for other reasons include:
- A property where all the people who live there are under the age of 18
- Armed forces’ accommodation whether occupied or unoccupied
- Visiting armed forces’ accommodation as long as at least one resident who would be liable for Council Tax is
- a member (or dependent) of a visiting force and
- is neither a British citizen or ordinary resident in the UK.
- A property where at least one liable person has diplomatic privileges and they are not a permanent UK resident or British citizen.
After you've applied for a discount
You must carry on paying your current council tax bill until you hear from us with a decision.
- If you get the discount, we will check every year that you're still entitled to it. We’ll cancel your reduction if you do not reply to our yearly letters.
- Please tell us if your circumstances change, within 21 days, as this may affect your discount. If you don't tell us you may have to pay a penalty.