You may need several different types of permission to hold your event;
- planning permission
- or licences
- or consent of the landowner of your event site
You should provide at least 3 months’ notice of an event to allow time for licences/permissions to be issued.
It can take 3-12 months to get the permissions you need, so get in touch with us and any other relevant parties as early as possible. In the first instance return the event notification form. If you have concerns please call or email us using the contact details on this page to discuss.
You may need:
- Licences for events, premises or entertainment
- Planning permission – to put up buildings and other structures
- Permission from the landowner to use the event site – there may be a charge for this and you may need to book popular sites well in advance
- Permission for traffic management, including road closures, cones and signs, or to use the public highway or for advertisements such as banners
- Permission from the emergency services – for instance, from HM Coastguard if your event involves water based activities like a boat race or wind surfing
- Insurance as a requirement for some permissions and licences.
Organisations to contact
For events that have an impact on the highway (signs, traffic management, road closures, restrictions on street parking, banners, bunting, seasonal lights, etc)
Environment, Planning and Economy
Tel: 0300 1234 222
Decide what additional information is required regarding specific activities and make contact with other relevant organisations. The Emergency Services may also be able to offer additional advice.
H M Coastguard
Tel: 01326 310803
Westcountry Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Emergency Planning Officer (Events)
Tel: 01392 261583
Fax: 01392 261597
Fire and Rescue
Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service (HQ)
Tolvaddon Community Fire Station
Tel: 01209 614300
This is for locating services, both underground and above ground and is part of a basic site survey.
British Gas South Western
Western Power Distribution
The Map Response Team
Sowton Industrial Estate
Street Works Act Centre
25 Pendwyallt Road