Cornwall is part of EXPERIENCE – a €25.4 million project. It involves six areas of the Channel region:
It aims to promote off-season tourism and sustainable economic growth.
EXPERIENCE aims across the Channel region:
To boost visitor numbers to the ‘quieter’ months (October – March).
- Focus on ‘experiential tourism’
- Connect visitors with a place, its history, geography or culture
- Increase visitor value by 5% in the off-season
- Attract 20 million visitors spending €1 billion by 2023
- The four-year project is due to run to June 2023
- It is co-funded (€16.9 m) by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- Through the Interreg France (Channel) England Programme
- ERDF is providing €2.03 million to Cornwall Council.
- Cornwall Council is investing a further €0.913 million
- Providing a total of €2.94 million investment
Cornwall Council’s focus and aims:
Cornwall's investment will be focused in the Penzance pilot area. It will:
- Boost off-season tourism
- Encourage a year-round visitor economy
- Connect visitors with the history, geography and culture of Cornwall
- Bring the cultural and tourism sector together
- Support businesses in Cornwall
- Improve the Mount’s Bay coast path (Marazion to Penzance)
- Develop the sustainable cultural tourism offer
- Develop out-of-season visitor experiences
Norfolk County Council is leading the EXPERIENCE project. Cornwall Council is one of 14 project partners. It is working together in the six areas to help resolve common problems.
The project will share its learnings and successful approaches for regions elsewhere. It will create long-term benefits, after project completion.
Contact details: Celine Holman, Project Manager
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.Use our contact us form
- Economic Development