Commuted sums apply to items that the Council will be adopting. They are payable to us to cover the future maintenance of these items.
Commuted sums are payable for elements which are over and above the standard road design. These are outside of what we would normally adopt.
Commuted sums may apply to the following items:
- Permeable paving
- Attenuation features and associated control systems
- Oil interceptors
- Suds features, i.e. ponds, swales, etc
- Non standard surfacing, for example
- High friction surfacing where required for aesthetic reasons only
- Pigmented surfacing
- Non standard block paving
- Street furniture
- Amenity fencing
- Planted areas
- Structures, for example
- Retaining structures
- Non standard streetlighting
- Traffic signals including variable message signs and such similar signs
- Any other non standard items, for example
- Cornish hedges
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Please also contact us to discuss whether commuted sum(s) will be applicable to your site.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.