Current Chairman and Vice Chairman
- Chairman, Councillor Hilary Frank
- Vice Chairman, Councillor Mary May
The role of the Chairman
The Chairman is elected by the Council each May and serves for 12 months.
They are the civic and ceremonial head of the Authority. They also represent Cornwall Council at a variety of events and functions in a non-political role. The Chairman promotes the interest and the reputation of the Duchy acting as an ambassador for Cornwall.
The Chairman also chairs Full Council meetings, making sure that
- its’ business is carried out fairly and efficiently
- the meeting is conducted in accordance with the Constitution
The Chairman promotes:
- public involvement in the Council’s activities
- the Council’s corporate strategy