This policy applies in relation to your use of our website at www.cornwall.gov.uk (our "Site").
Please make sure that you read these terms carefully as they restrict under 18s from using and/or accessing certain parts of the site.
If you are under 18 and do not understand parts of this policy or information on this site you must ask your parent/guardian to explain it to you. You must do this before using the site.
Restrictions on use
You are not allowed to use the Site to:
- Purchase or order any goods, services or make any e-payments through the Site
You are allowed to use the Site with the prior consent of your parent/guardian for:
- Entering competitions;
- Completing and submitting online forms, surveys and questionnaires;
- Posting messages;
- Providing any personal data for example your name, address, email, telephone to the Site.
If you undertake any of the above with the consent of your parent/guardian you will be required to provide their email address. This is so that they can receive copies of all emails and information sent or received by you.
The purpose of collecting a parent/guardian email address is to allow them to supervise your use of the Site. As well as any information you provide to us. If your parent/guardian refuses to provide an email address for this purpose, their consent will be revoked. You will not be permitted to carry out the above uses.
Users under 13
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such person to register. If you are under 13, please do not:
- attempt to register with www.cornwall.gov.uk or
- send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address
No under 13 may provide personal data to or on www.cornwall.gov.uk.
In the event that we learn that we have:
- collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 or
- registered a child under the age of 13 through the Site, without verification of parental consent
we will delete that information as quickly as possible or cancel your registration. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please email email@example.com
Users between the ages of 13 and 18
If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, we recommend that you get your parent's /guardian's permission before:
- you either register on this Site or
- provide personal information to us via our Site
You must not provide any personal information without your parent/guardian being present. They must also give you consent to proceed.
By using the Site you confirm that you have complied with the terms of this policy.