The Data Controller is Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY. Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294
Parking Enforcement is required under The Traffic Management Act 2004 for Civil Enforcement Officers to patrol this site. It is also required to utilise hand held camera devices. This is to enforce the parking terms and conditions. Where these have not been complied with, your personal data may be:
to carry out the performance of a public task and fulfil our legal obligations.
Parking Operations - Many of our car park pay and display machines may collect your personal data (vehicle registration number). This is to ensure that the vehicle parked has correctly paid for the space taken.
Some car parks may also have CCTV cameras. These will collect personal information for the prevention and detection of:
- fraudulent or criminal activity
- anti-social behaviour
Some car parks may have ANPR cameras. These collect personal information such as vehicle registration numbers. This is as part of Pay on Foot operated car parks.
Parking Products – Various parking products are available for you to purchase on application. These include but are not restricted to:
- reserved parking permits (including waiting lists)
- season tickets
- residential parking permits
- disabled exemption scheme
All applications will require you to provide personal data in order to process and supply permits. This data will be kept in order to carry out the performance of a public task
We will only use this information in conjunction with any potential Penalty Charge Notice that may be issued to you. This may include the following:
- To request details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the DVLA. This is to pursue a Penalty Charge Notice.
- Shared with The Traffic Penalty Tribunal for appeals and Enforcement Agents for enforcement. This is currently Marstons and Equita. As well as any other relevant organisation or providers of these services
- Your data may be held by our contract providers of system databases. This includes Conduent, Cale BriParc (Flowbird), Metric, JustPark and WSP. They all collect and store our data on our behalf.
- CCTV - Shared with the police or security organisations to prevent or detect crime.
- For Parking Products we will only use this information in conjunction with your Reserved parking space lease/permit. This may include checks with the Council Tax team if eligibility for the space is based upon residency or business ownership. It will be shared with our finance teams. This is for the purposes of income reconciliation and collection of any outstanding payments. We may also use your data for the purposes of verifying information in relation to any Penalty Charge Notices issued. This relates to the use of the space/s that you lease and/or the permit/s which you are issued.
- Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will not be processed outside of (the UK/the EEA). Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff. This is staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.
- Our sub-contractor(s) detailed in this privacy notice will also maintain the same levels of security that we do. These are set out in the contract we have with them.
- In addition for Parking Products - the information you provide is entered on the permit application system. This is provided by Conduent. Payments are taken using Paye.Net. This is an automated payment system provided by Capita Pay 360. Both are companies acting on behalf of Cornwall Council.
- Our sub-contractor(s) detailed in this privacy notice will also maintain the same levels of security that we do. This is set out in the contract we have with them.
- 6 years from the date your Penalty Charge Notice case is closed.
- In the case of reserved permit waiting lists, for as long as you require to be kept on the list.
- 2 years from the date your lease/permit expires
Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:
- be informed of how we will process it
- request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish. If you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way.
- have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
- have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
- withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
- restrict how we process it
- object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
- object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
- request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you
If you would like to:
- access any of the information we hold about you or
- have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information
Data Protection Officer,
Tel: 01872 326424
We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right. However, if you are unhappy with:
- the way we have processed your information or
- how we have responded to your request
you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel No. 0303 123 1113