Skip to content

Privacy Notice – Community Governance Review

Who will control my data? 

The Data Controller for all the information you provide is:

Cornwall Council
New County Hall,
Treyew Road,

Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294 

There’s something I don’t understand

If you need help in understanding this notice or have any queries about the purpose, please contact the Community Governance Review Team by emailing 

How we will use the information about you 

The information you provide will be used in connection with the Community Governance Review and to contact you to either request further information or to provide updates from the Community Governance Review. 

Who else will we share your information with? 

We will not use your information for any other purpose or give it to anyone else unless we are required to do so by law or if a safeguarding concern is raised. For example, we have a duty to protect public funds so we may need to use the information held about you for the prevention and detection of fraud which would require us to share it with other Council statutory services or organisations responsible for auditing or administering public funds. For more information visit  

How we keep your personal data secure 

Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will not be processed outside of the EEA. Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice. 

How long will you keep this information for? 

We will keep your information for as long as it is required for the duration of the Community Governance Review. Once your information is no longer required, it will be destroyed securely and confidentially. 

What are my data rights? 

Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:  

  • be informed of how we will process it  
  • request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way) 
  • have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete 
  • have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it) 
  • withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process 
  • restrict how we process it 
  • object to us using it for marketing or research purposes 
  • object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority 
  • request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you

How do I exercise these rights?  

If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact: Data Protection Officer Cornwall Council County Hall Truro TR1 3AY Tel: 01872 326424 Email: 

I don’t agree with something  

We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right. However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office Tel No. 0303 123 1113 

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service