Whatever happens, our European residents and their families will continue to be valued members of our community. Who we hope will continue to call Cornwall their home.
If you’re a citizen of:
- the European Union (EU)
- Liechtenstein or
you and your family will be able to apply to get either settled or pre-settled status. This means you can continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.
You will not need to apply to the scheme if:
- you’re an Irish citizen
- you have indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- you have indefinite leave to enter the UK
Your family members from outside the UK and Ireland will still need to apply even if you do not need to.
The scheme is free to apply to, and the ID checker app is available on both Android and iPhone devices.
The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021.
The rights and status of EU citizens and their family members residing in Cornwall before the UK left the EU will remain the same until June 2021. Including those who have yet to apply for, or receive, a settlement status.
Full guidance on how to apply is available below.
The leaflets and video below also provide a simple overview. Guidance is also available in a wide range of languages.
To complete your application, you will need to prove your identity. You can use the ID document checker mobile phone app to do this, using an Android or an Apple device.
You can read guidance on how to use the ID checker app, or view the video below for instructions.
If you cannot use the app, Cornwall Council can help. We can scan your documents so that you don't have to send them in the post. Find out more about our ID scanning service.
There are four ways you can get support with your application:
1. We have partnered with Inclusion Cornwall to help you apply. They can also refer you to specialist support organisations if your application is more complex. You can contact them on 01872 326440, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Citizens Advice Cornwall have an EU Settlement Scheme support team. You can access the service via:
- the Citizens Advice Cornwall website
- by texting ADVICE EUSS to 78866 for someone to ring you back
- freephone on 03333 440061
- by email at EUSS@citizensadvicecornwall.org.uk
- in person at one of their many offices (once lockdown is eased)
- via 3rd party referral from partner organisations
3. You may be able to complete the application digitally using an Android or iPhone device. If you cannot, we can help you scan your documents so that you don't have to send them in the post.
Find out more about our ID Scanning Service.
You will continue to have a right to stay and access public services after 31 January until the 30 June 2021. This is regardless of whether you have got or applied for a settlement status. This includes access to:
- public funds
- social housing and homelessness support
- benefits and pensions
- free NHS care
There will also be no changes to your right to rent or right to work. There will also not be any changes to how you may need to prove that right. This means you are not required to prove your status under the EU Settlement Scheme until 2021. You can continue to use the same documents that you use now to prove your rights.
We know that Cornwall will continue to be a warm and welcoming place to our:
- European friends
- family and
who have made Cornwall their home. But we must also recognise that some people may use EU exit as an excuse for discriminatory behaviour.
This is about ensuring that the continued rights and status of our European citizens are understood. But, we all need to say NO to hate crime if it occurs. We must work to encourage the reporting of hate crime, and to ensure that victims and their families are supported. It is important that if you experience, see or know about hate crime in your community, you should report it.