All local authorities must have a Fair Access Protocol. The Fair Access Protocol must be agreed with the majority of schools in the local authority area. It is for children who have not been able to secure a school place during the school year. This is after using the normal admissions procedures. It aims to:
- ensure that a place at a suitable school can be offered as soon as possible
- focus particularly on children who are vulnerable
- ensure that no school is asked to take too many children who have:
- been excluded from other schools
- have challenging behaviour
Please contact the School Admissions Team if you have any questions.