Early years training is designed to meet the training needs of early years foundation stage practitioners in the private, voluntary, independent and maintained sectors including:
- day nurseries and pre-schools
- schools and academies
- private, voluntary or independent early years settings
- family hubs
Applying for courses
We use Cornwall Learning Online for all bookings. To apply for courses you will need to set up a user account which will enable you to book, cancel and manage your training. Please ensure that you provide a valid email address when applying for courses. All training will be confirmed, cancelled or updated by email. Telephone bookings will not be accepted.
Courses will have a course number prefixed with ‘EYFS’, 'ALL' 'OF' or 'EFA'. You can use these prefixes to search for our courses.
Please ensure that:
- the email address you provide for confirmation details is correct
- applications are received at least 7 days before the course date
- you keep a record of all bookings made
- you have received the confirmation email with the training link at least 3 days before the start of the online course
There is a helpful user guide on Cornwall Learning Online. There is also a guide for CPD leaders in settings and schools who would like to book training on behalf of their staff.
- You will be sent two confirmation emails. One from firstname.lastname@example.org, this confirms your place on the training. The other from email@example.com will contain the MS Teams meeting link.
- All information is sent to the email address linked to your Cornwall Learning Online account. Please make sure that this is correct when you book your training.
- Where possible use a laptop or computer to join the training. If you need to use a phone or tablet, please make sure you have downloaded the MS Teams App first.
- Log in to the training at least 5 minutes beforehand, so the trainer can start on time. You will be placed in a ‘lobby’ and the trainer will admit you when they are ready.
- The trainer will complete a register, but it is also helpful if you can make yourself known by typing in the “chat” column. This is essential particularly if you are attending in someone else’s place.
- As our courses are often full, please let us know if you cannot attend, so that we can offer your place to someone else. We often have reserve lists.
- Although we are not currently charging cancellation fees for free courses, any courses that do have a charge will incur a cancellation fee. The fee will be charged if you cancel within 7 days of the course date or do not attend on the day.
- Please ensure that you cancel by 10.00am at least 7 days before the start of the course to avoid cancellation fees. You can cancel your place by:
- Logging on to Cornwall Learning Online and managing your own booking
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01872 326312
Alternatively we will accept substitute delegates.
If you attend a course but do not sign the register we will assume that you ‘did not attend’ and we will charge the cancellation fee. Please ensure that you complete the register or sign in on the chat so that your setting does not incur unnecessary charges.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.