The Cornwall Music Education Hub is made up of over 40 partners and supporting organisations. They all work together to support music education for young people in Cornwall. The Hub is funded by the Department for Education, through Arts Council England.
As a condition of its Arts Council grant, the Hub is required to deliver four ‘core’ roles:
- First Access - whole class or large group instrumental learning. This is for the minimum of a term for every child aged 5-18
- opportunities to play in ensembles and perform
- clear progression routes which are available and affordable to all young people
- regular singing opportunities including choirs and vocal ensembles for every pupil
Hubs are expected to get extra funding to help them to deliver three ‘extension’ roles:
- CPD for school staff. Particularly to help deliver curriculum music, as well as leadership
- an instrument loan service (discounted or free for those on low incomes)
- access to large-scale/high-quality music experiences for pupils via professional musicians/venues. This may include publicising opportunities available to schools, parents/carers, pupils.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.