This page gives advice on registering a new address(es)
- New (single/multiple) residential dwelling(s) on a new street(s)
- New (single/multiple) commercial address(es) on a new street(s)
Key points to note before applying to add a new address with new streets
- We encourage street names in Kernewek. This is in line with the European Charter for Regional and Minority Languages (Section 2) ratified by the UK Government in 2002.
- Before submitting an application to Cornwall Council, please liaise with the Local Town/Parish Council. Please try and come to an agreement on your chosen street names. Evidence of the Town/Parish Council's response needs to be provided as part of your application.
Cornwall Council will object to the use of a name which relates directly to any personal/family name of any individuals who are either living or dead. There are exceptional circumstances, where names can applied for. Please contact the Address Management Team to discuss.
House Names and Numbers
- Avoid names that have already been used within the local area and/or try to avoid the same names but with a different suffix i.e. naming a house "Chapel House" which sits next door to "Chapel Cottage" and "The Chapel".
- Do not use offensive, racist, rude, anagrams or numeric names.
- Cornwall Council encourages the use of Cornish and/or the local history/heritage when choosing a name.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.