This page gives you advice on registering a new address.
- New (single/multiple) residential dwelling/s on an existing named or un-numbered street/s
- Splitting a property into flats or annexes
- New (single/multiple) business/es or an existing named or un-numbered street/s
Key points to note before applying to register a new address on and existing street
- Where possible, Cornwall Council will allocate a house number or devise a numbering scheme for a development.
- Avoid names that have already been used within the local area. Avoid the same names but with a different suffix i.e. naming a house "Chapel House" which sits next door to "Chapel Cottage" and "The Chapel".
- Do not use offensive, racist, rude, anagrams or numeric names.
- Cornwall Council encourages the use of Cornish and/or the local history/heritage when choosing a name.
PDF version also available: New address form
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.