Localism in Cornwall - The Power of Community
Monday 25 January 2021 saw the launch of the Localism Vision and Strategy: Localism In Cornwall - The Power of Community. A culmination of three years of engagement and research.
The Strategy has been developed alongside:
- Exeter University
- The Commission on the future of Localism Chaired by Lord Kerslake
- Cornwall’s Voluntary Sector Forum
- all of Cornwall Towns and Parish Councils and
- Cornwall Council members
The launch was attended by over 100 delegates. The guest speaker, was Cllr Howard Sykes, the Vice Chair of the Local Government Association. He stated: “Localism in Cornwall is more advanced than any other county in England”
The Vision and Strategy outlines how Cornwall Council and all its partners will work together. Mutually supporting each other to improve peoples lives.
Concluding the Commission on the future of Localism findings, it found that:
“What matters most is Localism’s potential to strengthen Communities and improve peoples lives”. This is embodied in the new strategy.
Information from the launch event:
- Presentation slides from the Localism Vision and Strategy 2020 Launch Event
- Recording of launch event
- Launch event Questions and Answers