Affordable housing application form

Please read our information on how we are supporting residents and businesses, as well as information on affected services.

Please complete the affordable housing application form below. 

Affordable housing eligibility form

Please note you will need your evidence ready to upload with your application. If you have this ready please choose "next" to continue

Privacy notice

Purpose of this privacy notice

This privacy notice details how Cornwall Council collects and processes your personal data. It is important you read this privacy notice so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.

It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.

Who will control my data?

The Data Controller for all the information you provide on this form is Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY. Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294

There’s something I don’t understand

If you need help in understanding or completing this form, please contact the Affordable Homeownership Team on telephone number 01872 326353 or by emailing:

Why do you need my information and how will you use it?

In order to process your application Cornwall Council needs you to provide your information so that we can process it to perform a specific task in the public interest that is set out in law. You are looking to buy, sell, let out or rent an affordable or local needs home which is subject to a legal agreement made under s106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) (known as a s106 agreement). This legislation allows the Council to secure affordable or local needs housing in the public interest in line with its planning policies. The Council needs to ensure that the terms of the Section 106 agreement relating to the property you are buying, renting or selling are complied with.  This may include ensuring that the sale/rental price is calculated correctly, that the property is being advertised in a scheme agreed by the Council or that in the case of applicants that you meet the relevant local connection and housing need criteria set out in the s106 agreement relating to the home you are looking to buy or rent. Cornwall Council needs the information you provide on this form together with the evidence documents you submit to them to assess compliance with the s.106 agreement. The Affordable Housing Team may need to contact you to discuss your application and the evidence you need to submit.

Who else will we share your information with?

The Council may share or clarify the information and evidence you have provided on this form with any parties who have a legitimate interest in the transaction as appointed by either party.  In addition, we may need to contact any other people or organisations that you have provided us with details of in relation to an eligibility assessment, for the purposes of verifying information relating to the transaction/application.  This may include but is not exclusive to; sales or lettings agents, solicitors, surveyors, employers, financial institutions and/or advisers, financiers including people gifting funds, medical practitioners, housing associations and other Council departments.  Please note that this list is not exhaustive.  Your information will not be used for any other purpose by Cornwall Council or third parties listed above and will not be passed onto any other third party without your permission.

How will we look after your data?

Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will not be processed outside of the UK.  Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.

How long will we keep this information for?

Cornwall Council will keep information relating to the transaction of the property for a period of 2 years from the date that contracts are exchanged on the property.  Should your eligibility application be unsuccessful, the Council will retain your application for a period of 6 months in the event that you apply for another property and after that period of 6 months your information will be disposed of in a secure manner.

What are my data rights?

Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:

  • be informed of how we will process it
  • request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
  • have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
  • have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
    restrict how we process it
  • object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
    object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
  • request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you.

How do I exercise these rights?

If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:

Data Protection Officer
Cornwall Council
County Hall
Tel: 01872 326424

I don’t agree with something

We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right. However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office Tel No. 0303 123 1113

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service

Give feedback about your experience