Ethical research in health and social care
The Research Governance Framework (RGF) for health and social care considers and approves research in the sector. It is a statutory duty for adults and children’s social work in our Adult Social Care and Together for Families directorates.
The Research Governance Framework Panel meets monthly to consider applications. The panel’s priority is to check that:
- the research is ethical
- proposals have taken into consideration data protection and a sound research methodology
The aim is to encourage compliance without discouraging research.
Making an application to the panel
To make an application to the panel, download our guidance documents and complete the application form:
- Adults RGF application form
- Adults RGF application guidance notes
- Adults RGF Policy and Guidelines
- Together for Families RGF application form
- Together for Families RGF application guidance notes
Applications to be considered at panel must be emailed to:
Applications are required to be submitted two weeks before the panel date. An outcome / feedback will be forwarded within two weeks of panel.
Panel dates for 2023
- 13 January 2023
- 10 February 2023
- 10 March 2023
- 14 April 2023
- 12 May 2023
- 9 June 2023
- 14 July 2023
- 11 August 2023
- 8 September 2023
- 13 October 2023
- 10 November 2023
- 8 December 2023
For more information about the process and applications contact the appropriate Research Governance Framework team. Contact details can be found on this page.
You can find out more in:
- Bitesize Guide: Before You Publish Data
- Bitesize Guide: Carrying Out Ethical Research in Cornwall
- Managers Briefing Note
- RGF: Resource Pack for Social Care from the Social Services Research Group
The following published research has been supported by the Research Governance Framework Panel.
- Connected Young Fatherhood (daddilife - July 2022)
For information and advice about data protection issues, please email our Information Governance Team: