Candles are rising cause of fire. Every year, a growing number of people are killed or injured because they are careless with them. By following these guidelines, you can reduce the risks that come with using candles.
- Always extinguish candles before you leave a room.
- Always use a suitable holder when burning candles. Scented candles turn to liquid; always burn them in a suitable glass or metal container that can withstand the heat of the liquid.
- Candles should always be placed out of the reach of children and away from areas where pets can get to them.
- Put them on a heat-resistant surface and be especially careful with tea lights, which get hot enough to melt plastic; TVs are not fire resistant objects.
- Extinguish candles before moving them and don’t let anything fall into the hot wax, like matches.