Skip to content

Reporting Crime

For crimes in progress where the person responsible is still on the scene, please call 999

Reporting non-urgent crimes

If you are a victim of a crime or witness to a crime, you should report the crime or incident to the police.

Reporting the crime to the police could prevent further crimes being committed and protect others from becoming victims.

Report a crime online

For more information or to report a crime online please visit the Devon and Cornwall Police website.

Report a crime

Emergency Telephone Contact

Emergency 999

  • Does it feel like the situation could get heated or violent very soon?
  • Is someone in immediate danger?
  • Do you need support right away?

If so, please call 999 now.

If you accidentally dial 999, please stay on the line and tell the operator you’re safe and that no crime has occurred.

Hearing or speech impairments

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use the textphone service 18000 or text police on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergency SMS service.

Find out about the emergency SMS service

If you're a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can call 999 BSL to use a remote BSL interpreter.

Find out about 999 BSL

Silent 999 calls

If you're in danger but you can't talk on the phone, you should still call 999, then follow the instructions linked below.

Silent 99 calls

The telephone number to report non-urgent crime to Devon and Cornwall Police is 101

  • If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment you can use the minicom/textphone number 18001 101.
  • When you call 101, the system can determine your location and will connect you to the local police Force in your area.
  • If you are on the boundary between two or more Forces, you will be given a choice of which one to speak to.
  • If you are anywhere in the UK you can still dial 101 and have the option to speak to Devon and Cornwall Police or any Force.


If you use British Sign Language (BSL) for non-emergency contact you can use the Video Relay Service provided by SignLive.

Visit the Signlive website

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service