Carbon Neutral Cornwall Newsletter
Keep up to date with our news around Cornwall Council's response to the climate emergency.
Carbon Neutral Cornwall recent newsletters
- CNC Newsletter March 2021
- CNC Newsletter November 2020
- CNC Newsletter July 2020
- CNC Newsletter March 2020
- CNC Newsletter November 2019
- CNC Newsletter July 2019
- CNC Newsletter July 2022
Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with Council low carbon initiatives.
To keep up to date with our Forest for Cornwall news sign up to receive the Forest for Cornwall newsletter
Media and press coverage of Council projects and initiatives
Read media and press coverage of Council projects and initiatives:
- Inside Housing, January 2020: Cornwall: the plan to decarbonise homes by 2030
- Public Sector Executive, January 2020: Creating a Carbon Neutral Cornwall
- BBC News, December 2019: First trees in Forest for Cornwall planted
- Cornwall Live, December 2019: First of 10 million trees planted
- The MJ.co.uk, October 2019: Cornwall Council will help other authorities tackle the climate emergency
- Western Morning News, August 2019: Why we must tackle the climate emergency
- Cornwall Live, August 2019: Cornwall is at the forefront of the energy revolution and this is the proof...
- Cornwall Live, July 2019: Council plan to plant £30m Forest for Cornwall to flight climate change
Cornwall's first smart-grid wind turbine
Cornwall’s first, smart grid-connected wind turbine is now working. The wind turbine is on the A30 at Ventonteague, near Carland Cross. When the turbine is generating energy it will help to cut carbon emissions. And create enough power for over 1,440 homes a year.
Watch a video of the rotary blades being installed below:
Climate declaration - update one year on
Cornwall Council was one of the first local authorities in the country to declare a climate emergency. On 22 January 2020, we marked a year since declaring a climate emergency.
Cllr Edwina Hannaford is the Council's Cabinet Member for Climate Change. Edwina has summed up ten key achievements during this time in the video below:
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.