A new programme offering free numeracy courses to anyone aged 19 and over is now available across Cornwall and Isles of Scilly.
Adults who want to improve their maths skills and boost their opportunities can sign up for free courses thanks to a new Government-backed programme called Multiply.
The initiative gives residents access to free courses covering a wide range of skills, including:
- Courses to cover specific skills that can be used in the workplace or to secure better paid jobs
- Courses for parents or carers wanting to get better at maths so they can help their children
- Courses to help people get better at managing their money.
Who is it for?
Multiply is for adults who do not already have a GCSE grade C/4 or higher in maths or equivalent.
All courses are free and available to residents in Cornwall and Isles of Scilly on a part-time, intensive or flexible basis.
Multiply is being delivered by four providers. You should contact each provider for specific details on the courses they offer:
- Cornwall College Group
- Cornwall Council Adult Education Service
- Council of the Isles of Scilly
- Truro and Penwith College
Test your skills
Not sure if Multiply is for you? Check where your everyday skills are at, and where you could improve, through this quick quiz.
Cornwall Council is managing the delivery of the Shared Prosperity Fund on behalf of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills.