The death of someone close to us is one of the most severe loss we have to cope with. The bereavement guide offers advice and support to help you through this difficult time. From the first steps of registering the death and planning a funeral to financial matters and probate. There is also information to help in coping with your own emotions, and those of others also effected.
View the Bereavement GuideIf you would like a copy of the Bereavement Guide in a different format please contact us at:
Cornwall Registration Service
Telephone: 0300 1234 181
Other links you may find useful
- Child Bereavement UK (CBUK) supporting families when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
- Hope Again is Cruse Bereavement Cares website for young people.
- Cruse Bereavement Care to promote well-being, enable understanding grief and coping with loss.
- Lastingpost helps people address the very difficult subject of death, and ‘Planning ahead’. Helping people to set down privately the instructions and wishes they want in place for use after their death.
- Penhaligons Friends is a Cornish charity. It supports bereaved children, young people, parents and carers . They offer children and young people the chance to meet others and share their experiences. It also offers practical resources for children and parents.
- Gov.uk also provides information on help with funeral costs and bereavement support payments.