Cornwall Council has now made the Cornwall Council (Saints Trails – Perranporth to Newquay) Compulsory Purchase Order 2021 ("the Order"). This is under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The Council will submit the Order to the Secretary of State for confirmation. If confirmed, the Order will authorise the Council to compulsorily purchase the land and rights listed in the tables included in the Order and shown on the Order maps. The land will be developed and improved for the provision of a multi-user trail between Perranporth and Newquay. This will contribute to achieving the promotion or improvement of the:
- social; and
- environmental wellbeing of the area
View detailed guidance about the compulsory purchase system on the gov.uk website.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions the process of public consultation for the Orders has changed. The Order, the Order maps, and supporting documents are available on this page rather than in the Council’s offices. A list of the documents available is set out below.
Paper copies of the Order and the Order maps can be provided as follows:
- Telephone: Patrick Polglase on 07483 427643
- Email: email@example.com
Any objection to the Order must be made in writing to the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government:
Attention of the Planning Casework Unit
5 St Philips Place,
Objections must be made before 10 September 2021 and should state the following:
- Title of the order
- The grounds of objection
- The objector’s address
- The objectors interests in the land
The documents available are:
The Order, the Schedule and the Order Map.
- The Order and Schedule
- Statement of Reasons
- Map 1
- Map 2
- Map 3
- Map 4
- Map 5
- Map 6
- Map 7
- Map 8
- Map 9
- Map 11
- Map 12
- Map 13
- Map 14
- Map 15
- Map 16
- Map 17
- Map 18
- Map 19
- Map 20
- Map 21
- Map 22
- Map 23
- Report to Cornwall Council’s Cabinet meeting of 18 December 2019 to obtain CPO powers to deliver the Saints Trails
- Decision from Cornwall Council’s Cabinet meeting of 18 December 2019. Confirmation of the use of powers of compulsory acquisition to deliver the Saints Trails.
- Report to Cornwall Council’s Cabinet meeting of 21 July2021 concerning the use of powers of compulsory acquisition to deliver the Saints Trails
- Decision from Cornwall Council’s Cabinet meeting of 21 July 2021 concerning the use of powers of compulsory acquisition to deliver the Saints Trails.
- Officer’s report to Strategic Planning Committee on 5 November 2020 regarding planning application PA20/05207.
- Planning permission reference PA20/05207 decision notice dated 5 January 2021. Grant of Conditional Planning Permission for new multi user trail between Station Road, Perranporth and A392 Newquay
- Gear Change: A bold vision for cycling and walking (Department for Transport) (July 2020)
- Sustrans Bike Life Report (2019)
- Cornwall Council Local Plan Strategic Policies 2010 - 2030 (November 2016).
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.