Because of Covid-19, Libraries cannot assist with Bus Pass applications until further notice. Please use our online application service to get or replace your bus pass. Or you can call us on 0300 1234 222 to get a postal application form. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have reached female pension age or claim your state pension or disabled, you can apply for a bus pass.
The most effective way to apply for a bus pass is online. Alternatively, there are other ways to apply.
Before you start your application you will need the following information:
- Proof of address
- Proof of eligibility
- National Insurance Number
- Valid email address
- Passport style photograph
Apply or renew a disabled bus pass online
Please note you will need the same evidence in the list above
By email or post
- completed application form / easy read application form
- proof of eligibility
- proof of address
- a passport style photograph - we are unable to use photographs from official documents like passports or driving licences. This is due to copyright. We do accept 'Selfies' as long as they are clear and of good quality.
to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below.
Please do not send original documents as we cannot guarantee being able to return them.
Through the library
National Concessionary Bus Passes are quick and easy to apply for online. If you do not have access to the internet they can be processed Monday to Friday during normal opening hours at some of our Libraries. Please take your:
Passport style photograph
- If you are applying for a Disabled pass through the library you will need to bring a passport style photograph. This is because your application pack will be sent internally to be evaluated.
- If you are applying for a Senior pass through the library a photo will be taken of you as part of the process.
When applying for a pass you will need to show proof of your address and provide proof of your disability or age. Please do not send original documents as we cannot guarantee being able to return them.
Please bring one of the following:
- Bank statement
- NHS medical card
- Benefit book / letter
- Council tax bill
- Photo driving licence
- Optical / medical prescription counterfoil
- Utility bill
To prove you are eligible for a bus pass, it is important to provide up to date proof. This must relate to the category under which you are applying. All proof must be less than 12 months old.
Please make sure that you have included all the proof with your application, failure to do this can delay the application process.
We do not accept ESA documents other than for proof of address.
We may contact you about your application either by email or post if extra information is needed. We will tell you what extra information is required.
If you are unable to provide the required proof, you can call us on 0300 1234 222 for advice. You can also request proof from your Doctor or medical professional via a letter. You can also ask them to complete page 2 of the application form for you.
Please note that some surgeries may charge a fee for this service.
You can re-apply to us at any time. Please remember to submit all documents and your photograph again. Including any new evidence.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.