Cornwall has a mainline service which runs between Penzance and Plymouth and five branch lines:
- Atlantic Coast Line
- Looe Valley Line
- Maritime Line
- St Ives Bay Line
- Tamar Valley Line
Mainline services operate 7 days a week, but some branch lines do not operate Sunday services.
You can download timetables and routes on the Great Western Railway (GWR) website or plan your journey using Traveline South West.
Great Western Railway
Mainline services from Penzance to London Paddington
Telephone: 0345 7000 125
Website: Great Western Railway
Mainline services from Penzance to the Midlands, the North and Scotland
Telephone: 0344 7369 123
Bodmin and Wenford Railway
Bodmin and Wenford railway is an independent heritage railway. It runs between Bodmin Parkway and Boscarne Junction. The service operates from March to December, with daily services from May to September. You can purchase an inclusive ticket from any mainline station in Cornwall or Plymouth. The Bodmin and Wenford Railway does allow push bikes on its carriages. Please visit the Bodmin Railway website for details.
Further information about rail services
- Find out about Ride Cornwall and PlusBus products
- Network Rail – Impartial information on train times and fares across the UK. This includes live arrival and departure boards for stations.
- Traveline South West – Plan your journey using buses and trains
- Saving Money with Public Transport - Including tickets for combined travel on buses and trains.
- Scenic Railways Website – Further information about the branch lines in the South West
- Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership
Raise a concern
If you have a concern, follow the advice on the Getting Involved page.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.
- Transport Service
- Room 3B
- 0300 1234 222