National Concession Bus Pass


New Senior Bus Pass New Disabled Bus Pass

Replace Your Bus Pass Update Your Address

When and where can I use my bus pass? 

Your bus pass is issued under the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS). There are two types of passes – eligible age (blue stripe) and disability (orange stripe). Both passes give you the same level of entitlement and have a set expiry date printed on the card. Cards are then renewed depending on type.

Your bus pass allows you to travel for free between 9.30am and 11pm Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and Bank Holidays. you can use your bus pass to travel on local bus services in England (not Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or the Isle of Man.) Outside of these times you must pay the standard fare for your journey.

Specific fares

  • First Kernow: If you use your bus pass outside of the times above you will pay a maximum of £2.40 for a single ticket.
  • Truro Park and Ride: Between 9.30am and 11pm Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, when you use your bus pass you will pay a maximum of £1 (per person) for a day ticket. Outside of these times, standard fares apply.
  • Dial-a-Ride Bus Services: Bus passes are not accepted on these services within Cornwall and so you will need pay the usual fare.

Am I eligible for a pass? 

If your main residence is in Cornwall and you are either of pensionable age or have a permanent disability you may be entitled to a pass. It is important you apply for the category of pass that best fits you. Please do not send original documents as we cannot guarantee being able to send these back.

I haven't received my pass - what do I do?

If you have applied for a new, renewal or replacement pass we aim to process your application as soon as possible. Passes should arrive within 21 days of your application, however delays may occur during busy times. Please inform us as soon as possible if it has not arrived within this time.

If you do not tell us that you haven't received your pass within 28 days, we will assume that the card has been lost and a replacement fee of £10 will be payable.

Please remember it is your responsibility to inform us of any change of address. If a card is issued to your old address and you have not told us of any changes then you will be required to pay for a replacement. Because of the renewal processes we suggest this is no later than 28 days before your current card expires.


A card that is marked as not being valid for travel is hotlisted. Examples of when this happens are as follows:

  • Your pass has been reported as lost, broken or stolen and has already been replaced.
  • We have written to you but the letter was returned suggesting you may have moved.
  • We have written to you for an up to date proof of eligibility or to return the pass.

If your card is hotlisted, the driver will let you know and keep your pass. If they believe you are the person on the card, they will allow you to make your journey. Any further journeys will need to be paid for until the correct pass is used or a replacement pass is issued. A card can never be unhotlisted.

Get in Touch

If you have a question, comment or concern about our service please contact us using the details below:

Tel. 0300 1234 222


Concessionary Fares
PO Box 769

We aim to reply to you within 5 working days of receipt of your message.