Do you like to talk about books?
Our reading groups meet informally in libraries, find out about reading groups that take place in your local library or staff can help you set up your own group.
What do we offer?
- We have over 500 adult reading group titles
- FREE reservations on sets
- A group ticket lets you borrow books for 12 weeks
- If required an introduction to reading groups by staff
Top ten tips
- Top ten tips for setting up a group
- Top ten tips for your first meeting
- Top ten tips for leading a group
- Ten questions to kick start a discussion
- Ten tips to help your library help you
Online group support
- Reading groups for everyone contains news, events, offers and tips.
- Bookgroup Info - for news, reviews and interviews for readers and reading groups.
Request a Reading Group set
A group may request up to four titles at one time. We cannot guarantee when individual sets will be available. You can check availability on our online catalogue. Please enter your request in the form below, entering each title and author seperately.
Book titles not available
If the book title is not currently available as a Reading Group set, we will consider buying it. Please email details of the book title and author (including the name of your Reading Group and contact details) email@example.com
Books for specific events
If you need a specific title for an event such as an author event or literary festival, email details of the title you need along with the name of the event, and the date of the event firstname.lastname@example.org .
Books in alternative formats
If you need a title in an alternative format such as Large Print or a talking book for a member of your group, we will try to obtain a suitable copy but cannot guarantee this. email@example.com
Ebooks and audio downloads
You may also find something suitable to download as an ebook or audio download on our catalogue though Borrowbox.
How we will use the information about you?
Cornwall Council has a statutory duty under the Public Libraries and Museums Act 1964 to provide a comprehensive and efficient library service and the information you provide will be used to deliver this service to you. We will only use this information for your membership of the Library and Information Service.
We will share your information with local town and parish councils and community groups who are our contracted partners in delivering the library service.
If you are eligible and choose to use our home library delivery, we will share your information with Royal Voluntary Service or other provider who is contracted to deliver this for us.
We will also share your information with the following contracted suppliers solely for the purpose of providing the library service
- Capita Systems who provide our library management system
- Lorensbergs Ltd who provide our public computer booking system if you use our public computer network
- Bibliotheca Ltd who provide our self service kiosks
- Talking Tech who provide our telephone messaging service
How long will we keep this information for?
Your information will be kept 24 months from the date you last accessed the service unless there are outstanding loans or charges on your record. In this instance, your information may be kept for up to 84 months in line with Batchelor retention guidelines.