Cornwall Council’s ambition is to be an employer of choice, a high performing Council and a learning organisation.
This includes being committed to providing an employee reward and benefits package which will attract, retain, motivate and reward our employees.
- A competitive salary (Cornwall Council pays employees a minimum of the Living Wage Foundation rate, excluding some training roles / placements).
- A defined benefit pension scheme, based on your career average earnings, including the option for additional voluntary contributions.
- 26 days annual leave per year (pro rata), rising to 29 days after five years' continuous service. Plus bank holidays and ability to purchase additional annual leave.
- Family friendly leave, pay and working arrangements.
- You may be able to work flexible hours and take 'flexi leave' for any accrued time.
We have a Relocation Scheme available to support recruitment and employment in certain roles.
This is for successfully appointed employees who would need to relocate in order to accept a job offer with Cornwall Council.
Up to £8,000 is available.
Our relocation Scheme aims to support eligible employees in these circumstances through financial contribution to relocation costs.
These may include contribution to;
- removals costs
- legal and estate agent fees
- furniture storage fees
- and separation allowances
Cornwall Council offers a range of flexible working opportunities under our Worksmart Policy which can be discussed as part of the recruitment process.
These offer a number of ways in which you can carry out work with greater work/life balance, whilst still ensuring that service needs are met.
A few examples of our flexible working opportunities are below:
- Working from home
- Annualised hours
- Compressed hours
- Core Hours and Flexi-Time
- Job Share
- Part-Time Working
We offer a Welcome Payment of £4,000 for qualified social workers who have completed their ASYE, and are new to social work in Cornwall Council.
This is paid upon successful completion of probation period. Further terms and conditions apply.
Please e-mail our Recruitment Team for further information firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cornwall Council has a national award-winning Health and Wellbeing Programme committed to providing healthcare information and opportunities for employees to live healthier lives, including:
- wellbeing checks,
- lifestyle clinics,
- a range of wellbeing training from mindfulness to healthy eating,
- live fitness classes,
- confidential counselling provided by Insights Healthcare,
- a dedicated Facebook page to connect with other staff and share opportunities for health and wellbeing.
Central to our Health and Wellbeing program is the training and support of Health, Safety and Wellbeing Champions in workplaces.
Health Champions can access BID funding to develop a wellbeing initiative as well as exclusive Health Champion events such as network meetings and an annual wellbeing conference.
In 2017 Cornwall Council were awarded Best Health and Wellbeing Initiative at the National CIPD People Management Awards.
The champion network stood out for the CIPD judging panel who highlighted our champions as the ‘heart and soul of the project’.
We welcome candidates considering a return to Social Work in Cornwall.
We can support those who are SWE registered, but not worked in statutory Social Work at all, or for some time with an enhanced induction.
We are also able to consider experienced social workers who have taken a career break of between two and ten years, and their SWE registration has expired.
In these instances we can offer a supported programme of learning and development to allow you to re-register with SWE. For more details please e-mail email@example.com.
We welcome all applicants who hold a recognised social work qualification and are able to work in the UK, including those from overseas.
We have a number of requirements as an employer which will are required to check for all Social Work applicants, including overseas applicants prior to shortlisting.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.