What we can offer you as an employee of the Council
Benefits of working for the Council
A defined benefit pension scheme, based on your career average earnings, including the option for additional voluntary contributions
23 days Annual Leave
(28 after 5 years' continuous service) plus bank holidays and the option to buy additional annual leave
Flexible working in terms of location, working patterns and 'flexi leave' as well as a range of other leave and pay arrangements designed to suit a modern way of living.
Payment of relevant professional fees
Payment of relevant professional fees in certain circumstances
Car salary sacrifice scheme
Get a brand new car and take advantage of important tax and National Insurance (NI) savings
This financial support scheme provides help towards the associated costs when relocating
Learning and Development Opportunities
Broad range of disciplines including accredited and non-accredited programs and the possibility for financial and/or other assistance
The scheme provides opportunities to make discounted purchases at a large selection of retailers and e-tailers
Cornwall Council’s ambition is to be an employer of choice, a high performing Council and a learning organisation. This includes being committed to providing an employee reward and benefits package which will attract, retain, motivate and reward our employees.
Our core employee rewards and benefits include:
- a competitive salary (Cornwall Council pays employees a minimum of the Living Wage Foundation rate)
- a defined benefit pension scheme, based on your career average earnings, including the option for additional voluntary contributions(*)
- 23 days annual leave per year (pro rata), rising to 28 days after five years' continuous service. Plus bank holidays and ability to purchase additional annual leave.
- family friendly leave, pay and working arrangements
- you may be able to work flexible hours and take 'flexi leave' for any accrued time
- payment of relevant professional fees
- car salary sacrifice scheme
- relocation scheme
- relevant learning and development opportunities, with the possibility for financial and/or other assistance
We have a employee voluntary benefits scheme called CC choices. This gives employees access to an extensive range of discounts to local and national goods and service as well as salary sacrifice schemes for childcare vouchers and cycle to work.
We have launched a number of initiatives as part of our commitment to improve employee engagement, including
- a new employee performance management and development process
- an employee recognition scheme
- an employee suggestion scheme.
We continue to develop our employee rewards and benefits package. We also have flexible benefits with a scheme for buying additional annual leave.
Add to this extensive range of employee rewards and benefits, the opportunity to develop your career with Cornwall’s largest employer coupled with the chance to live in one of the country’s most beautiful counties and it’s clear that we can offer you a lifestyle and level of professional satisfaction that few organisations can match.
If you would like a discussion about living and working in Cornwall, including relocation arrangements, please contact one of our Resourcing Advisers on 01872 323800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call-back.
(*) The Government has placed restrictions on the tax free benefits that you can have at retirement as well as the amount that your pension savings can grow each year before being subject to a tax charge by HMRC. Before taking up your new role please seek independent financial advice. Please visit https://www.lgpsmember.org/ for further information.