Are you, or do you know, a young person aged 16-24 who is unemployed, looking for work and on Universal Credit? Cornwall Council has a number of Kickstart job placements available.
Our Kickstart job placements can be in various teams across our directorates which are:
- Adult Social Care
- Together for Families
- Customer and Support Services
- Economic Growth and Development
- Wellbeing and Public Health
The Kickstart Scheme is open to young people who are:
- aged 16-24
- currently on Universal Credit
- and at risk of long-term unemployment
A Kickstart job placement will give you the opportunity to practice and develop some key employability skills and attributes. By choosing to do a Kickstart job placement with us, we can help you:
- Gain practical experience in the job area you are interested in
- Employability support and improve your job opportunities
- Build on your skills and knowledge which will help you gain confidence in your chosen area of work
- Build your networks
- Take the first step to explore career options and make a positive career choice
- Gain great knowledge and insight into a large public sector organisation
What can you expect from us?
- A 6 month Kickstart job placement for 25 hours per week
- Payment of the National Minimum Wage for your age group
- Employability support designed to meet your particular career need
- A fair and inclusive placement where you will be treated fairly and with respect
- A chance to see first-hand how we deliver services to the residents of Cornwall
- An opportunity to meet different people in your chosen career area, ask questions and understand more about their area
- Encouragement and support
Please read each Kickstart job placement description for the application closing date.
Our current placements
You can apply online for a Kickstart Job Placement. You must be referred to us by your DWP Work Coach.
The application process will help you gain the skills you need to enable you to complete future job applications.
It’s really important your application form is completed fully and to the best of your ability. Here are a few top tips before you fill in your application form:
- Fill in all the sections
- Write all you can for each question
- Check for grammar and spelling mistakes. Why not ask someone to read your application before you submit it?
- Check your email regularly for our response
Please note we do not accept CV's. We encourage all applications to be completed on line. However, if you do require a different format please contact us at HRTalent@cornwall.gov.uk or 01872 324600.
What happens next?
You will receive a message confirming receipt of your application and asking you to complete the Applicant Declaration Questions and the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
Your application will then be reviewed by the Kickstart job manager. You will then be contacted again to let you know whether or not you will be invited to interview.
For more information email: HRTalent@Cornwall.gov.uk or call 01872 324600 (please leave a message and someone will get back to you).
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.