Come and work for Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service
We are recruiting to many support roles, which are key to ensuring Cornwall Fire of Rescue Service has;
- the right resources
- in the right place
- at the right time
We’re recruiting for a variety of non-operational roles based at'
- service headquarters Tolvaddon
- engineering workshops and
- out and about looking after our community fire stations
It’s an exciting time to be in Cornwall!
- home to a globally renowned natural environment
- a world-class renewable energy sector
- a cutting-edge digital infrastructure
Cornwall is helping to shape the society of the future.
We are tackling the key challenges of climate change and social injustice through;
- more localised support
- smarter use of technology
- underpinned by a superfast and reliable broadband infrastructure
We now have one of the fastest growing tech sectors in the country
- We are developing a world-leading aerospace industry, delivering the UK’s first satellite launch Spaceport from Cornwall Airport Newquay in 2022
- Alongside expertise in marine engineering and renewable energy, our diversified economy is well positioned to grasp a greener, more localised and more digitised future.
- The successful hosting of the 2021 summit of G7 leaders put Cornwall in the international spotlight.
Cornwall has the mildest and sunniest climate in the United Kingdom, and we are well known for a thriving cultural scene.
- From the Tate Gallery in St Ives to world class attractions such as the Eden Project and Minack Theatre together with renowned festivals such as Boardmasters and Tunes in the Dunes.
- Our world class tourism offer, enjoyed by over five million visitors a year, is boosted by our burgeoning food and drink industry which also supports some of our internationally famous restaurants.
- With new ways of working and a can-do culture where talented people thrive, Cornwall Council is a great place to work.
- With its beautiful beaches, stunning countryside and superb community spirit, it is also a great place to live.
- We commit to providing a reward and benefits package to attract, motivate and reward our employees.
- We offer a range of flexible working options to our staff. This helps provide our employees with a greater work/life balance. Whilst still ensuring that service needs are met.
Fairness and inclusion are at the heart of our vision for Cornwall
In order to best serve our communities, we are striving to achieve a diverse workforce that is inclusive of;
- all backgrounds
- and identities such as race, disability, sex, gender, age, religion and sexual orientation.
We are an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer, and we will assess applicants on their merits.
- Caretaker / Maintenance Person
- Engineering Workshop and Stores Support Operative
- Large Goods Vehicle and Plant Technician
- Planning Engagement and Evaluation Officer
- Risk Systems Support Officer
- Strategic Risk Analyst
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.