Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Good Growth Shared Prosperity Fund
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund (SPF) will support the UK Government’s wider commitment to level up all parts of the UK. Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly will use the SPF investment to deliver “Good Growth”. That will move us towards a net zero economy where jobs pay at least the Real Living Wage. Also where nature recovery and strong communities mean everyone can start well, live well and age well.
Cornwall Council will act as ‘Lead Authority’ for Cornwall and Isles of Scilly. After our programme is approved by Government we will be responsible for the £132m programme. This also includes funding for the Multiply, an adult numeracy programme mandated within the SPF.
Further details can be found on the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Good Growth website.
Good Growth Management Team
Cornwall Council will be responsible for SPF and Multiply across Cornwall and Isles of Scilly. An effective programme management team is being established to deliver our exciting programme. The team will design opportunities and responses to economic and social challenges in Cornwall. This will include commissioning and contracting projects and investments. Ensuring impact and outcomes are successfully achieved.
The programme management functions are split into three areas.
- Fund Management to oversee the robust and compliant implementation of the programme
- Strategy and Implementation to ensure that opportunities meet with the strategic need and make a real difference in CIoS
- Delivery Facilitation to support applicants with their journey to funding and project success.
We are recruiting individuals passionate about making positive change in Cornwall and Isles of Scilly. The following roles currently available in the Good Growth team. Please select individual posts to view the Role Profile and application details. Closing date for all roles is Sunday 4 September 2022.
- Fund Manager
- Fund Lead
- Fund Officer
- Fund Assistant
- Audit and Compliance Officer
- Governance and Engagement Officer
- Governance and Engagement Assistant
- Strategy and Implementation Manager
- Strategy and Implementation Lead
- Strategy and Implementation Officer
- Strategy and Implementation Assistant
- Communications Officer
- Policy Specialist
- Delivery Facilitation Lead
- Delivery Facilitation Officer
View the Good Growth team structure.
It’s an exciting time to be in Cornwall!
- home to a globally renowned natural environment
- a world-class renewable energy sector
- a cutting-edge digital infrastructure
- Cornwall is helping to shape the society of the future.
We are tackling the key challenges of climate change and social injustice through:
- more localised support
- smarter use of technology
- underpinned by a superfast and reliable broadband infrastructure
We now have one of the fastest growing tech sectors in the country:
- We are developing a world-leading aerospace industry. We are delivering the UK’s first satellite launch from Cornwall Airport Newquay in 2022.
- Alongside expertise in marine engineering and renewable energy, our diversified economy is well positioned to grasp a greener, more localised and more digitised future.
- The successful hosting of the 2021 summit of G7 leaders put Cornwall in the international spotlight.
Cornwall has the mildest and sunniest climate in the United Kingdom, and we are well known for a thriving cultural scene
- From the Tate Gallery in St Ives to world class attractions such as the Eden Project and Minack Theatre together with renowned festivals such as Boardmasters and Tunes in the Dunes.
- Our world class tourism offer, enjoyed by over five million visitors a year, is boosted by our burgeoning food and drink industry which also supports some of our internationally famous restaurants.
- With new ways of working and a can-do culture where talented people thrive, Cornwall Council is a great place to work.
- With its beautiful beaches, stunning countryside and superb community spirit, it is also a great place to live.
- We commit to providing a reward and benefits package to attract, motivate and reward our employees.
- We offer a range of flexible working options to our staff. This helps provide our employees with a greater work/life balance. Whilst still ensuring that service needs are met.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.