Housing Commissioning

Emergency Accommodation Commissioning - New Opportunity

Emergency accommodation is used by Cornwall Council to support people who have been made homeless. These people are often in crisis and need furnished emergency accommodation immediately and without delay. 

Continue reading

Cornwall Council is seeking to work in partnership with new and existing providers of accommodation in locations throughout Cornwall, so that people in crisis may be accommodated for a short period, in areas close to their networks of support, employment and schools.

Ideally, the emergency accommodation will be close to local amenities and public transport, and we are also seeking accommodation that is suitable for wheelchair users and has good accessibility.

It is important that the emergency accommodation offered is suitable for the people who have been made homeless; typically suitable for: 

  • Families with children;
  • 16 and 17 year olds; or
  • Single people and couples.

It is the Council’s intention to purchase accommodation in all areas across Cornwall, at agreed rates, through a Dynamic Purchasing System

Market Engagement

Cornwall Council will be hosting three events during October (all events will be the same) to meet with providers of accommodation, to present more information about the service and to receive feedback:

  • West Cornwall – St Johns Hall, Penzance on 22 October at 9.30 am until 1.00 pm;
  • Mid-Cornwall – New County Hall, Truro on 23 October at 9.30 am until 1.00 pm; and
  • East Cornwall – Chy Trevail, Bodmin on 25 October at 1.30 pm until 5.00 pm.

The events will:

  1. Provide an overview of the service;
  2. Seek accommodation providers’ views on the procurement arrangements;
  3. Discuss the Council’s pricing strategy;
  4. Detail the tendering process for Due North
  5. Enable a Q and A session

Providers of accommodation wishing to attend one of the events should e-mail Housing Commissioning

Supplying the South West

To ensure that accommodation providers receive all of the necessary alerts and communications relating to this procurement, please  register onto the ‘Supplying the South West’ site. For help with registering on ‘Supplying the South West’, please contact the Council’s Procurement Team.