Information about Covid19:
Please read our information on how we are supporting residents and businesses, as well as information on affected services.

How to register your vehicle if you have a blue badge and a nil and disabled tax disc

Latest news

Re-introduction of parking fees

Parking fees were re-introduced on 1 June 2020 so you now need to pay for parking again.  Free parking continues for NHS, Health and Social Care workers and Covid Volunteers. There is more detailed information on the page Parking Services Covid19. This includes details of purchasing permits and temporary changes for Resident zones 

Please be aware that Information Services (formally One Stop Shops) are currently unable to take payment and are not able to forward documents in the mail. All permits and the required proof can be posted to the address details provided on the application form.

Blue Badge holders are able to park for free in a Cornwall Council pay and display car park. They need to register a disabled vehicle with us. This vehicle must qualify for free tax. This is not limited to Cornish residents. 

To qualify for the exemption a vehicle must be registered as disabled on the vehicles registration document (V5C). When you apply you will need a copy of:

  • either the V5C document (please ensure the copy you send shows the NIL/Disabled tax class) , or
  • the New vehicles Motability confirmation letter showing the new registration number 

It is appreciated that Motability customers may not hold the original V5C document. However, Motability are more than happy to provide the necessary information. You can do this via the Motability website. Only one vehicle can be registered per person. 

Will I have to pay to register?

In order to maintain this as a cost-neutral service we need to make a small charge to register a vehicle. This cost is currently £10 per year.  

However there is a different scheme for registering if you have a Blue Badge and an adapted vehicle for a disabled person.  

How does the exemption scheme work?

You will not receive a permit to display in your vehicle as we use an electronic system. Once approved, the vehicle details will be automatically loaded onto the Enforcement Officers hand-held devices. When checking our car parks they will be able to see that the vehicle is registered and does not require a pay and display ticket.

View the Disabled Parking Scheme Terms and Conditions

How do I register/renew and pay?

You can use our new online EasiPermit system below to register or renew your ticket. Please be aware that if the vehicle has not been registered with us before using EasiPermits, you will need to use the ‘Apply for a new Permit’ button.

You will also need to have your V5C document ready to upload to complete your registration.

EasiPermit Payments

Please be aware that the address used for the credit/debit card that you are making payment with must match the address that is entered on the ticket applicants personal details.  If not payment will be refused by our payment service (and you will not have a valid ticket). However, your bank may still show the money as being held and not available in your account again for 3 - 5 days. 

Using the EasiPermit system you will receive two emails. The second email will confirm that you have a valid parking ticket. If you do not receive the second email then do contact us. Please note, they can take up to a couple of hours to arrive. Also, you may sometimes find them caught in your junk mail box.

If you are unable to apply using EasiPermits please contact 0300 1234 222 to seek further assistance.   

Registration Renewal

This is required on an annual basis. If you applied via EasiPermits you will receive a renewal reminder letter. This will include a PIN that you can use to simply renew your online. You can do this using the link below. You will need to provide either the V5C or Motability confirmation letter again. 

EasiPermits - Register/renew your vehicle online

Data Protection information

The EasiPermit online system is provided by Conduent. Payments are taken by NMI. 

The JustPark ticket purchase pages are provided by JustPark. These payments are taken by SagePay.

Both companies are acting on behalf of Cornwall Council. Please see here for a link to JustPark's Privacy Policy 

How soon will I be registered and can park for free?

You will not be able to park for free until you receive a confirmation email of your application and payment.

You can choose the date you want and it is possible for it to be free to park on the following day. NB you can only apply one month in advance of the date you want your registration to start. 

Vehicle Registration Changes

Changes to vehicles registration details are free. To request a change contact or call 0300 1234 222. Changes to our system can take up to 3 days to process so they need to be advised in advance. Please be aware you will need to provide a copy of the new V5C document.

Do I still need to use my Blue Badge if I have registered?

If you park a registered vehicle in a Cornwall Council car park you must still display a valid Blue Badge and clock. You must also abide by the other appropriate rules. Failure to do so and you could be subject to receiving a penalty charge notice.

Adapted Vehicles 

There is a different free parking exemption scheme for the disabled if you have an adapted vehicle. You may need to register with us for this if you are wanting to use some of our car parks. Information about the scheme can be found on our page How to register if you have a vehicle adapted vehicle for a disabled person.