Information about Covid19:
Please read our information on how we are supporting residents and businesses, as well as information on affected services.


What is the Early Help Hub (EHH)?

  • Single point of contact for Cornwall Council and Community Based Children's Early Help Support and Services
  • Professional triage, and processing hub for all service requests for Children’s Early Help Services led by Cornwall Council and the Cornwall NHS Partnership Foundation Trust (CFT)
  • A source of information and advice to help you make the best decision for a child / young person in your care. The Early Help Hub makes this decision and will inform you whether it has been accepted for a service
Continue reading

What we need from you:

A completed Early Help Hub request form which gives us the following information:

Consent for:

  • The referral to be made to the Early Help Hub
  • Information to be shared with both Cornwall Council and Cornwall NHS Partnership Foundation Trust (CFT) (If the person does not wish their information to be shared between organisations we will respect that wish and ensure it is dealt with by the appropriate agency).
  • Name of person providing consent (must have parental responsibility) or be a competent young person can consent to their own request


It is vital that we have the most recent up to date contact details and information about the family.

What you are concerned about

Be very specific about what your worries are and explain clearly why these are of concern include specific incidents if relevant.

What is going well for the young person

Ensure any positive information is recorded which is specific to the child and family in general.

What you have done to address the situation

What work is already being undertaken to support the young person or family? Eg: in school Pastoral intervention, Thrive, Learning Mentor, Parent Support Advisor or other outside agencies that have been utilised.

What do you think needs to happen next

It is crucial to be clear when defining the intervention you believe is needed, state what specific areas need to be explored and explain how the work to be undertaken would help to improve and impact on the young person’s life.

Which agency do you want this request to go to

Please see Early Help Services.

What we will do for you:

  • Triage your request for a service
  • Allocate it to the most appropriate service
  • Inform you of the outcome of the request by email or letter
  • If a Cornwall Council or Cornwall Foundation Trust (CFT) Early Help Service is not appropriate we will endeavour to suggest where you may signpost the client

We want to support you to make the best request for help for a child or young person so that they get the right help at the right time. To do this we may contact requesters / other agencies or parents to gain further information. This is only to strengthen the reason the request.

We rely on the information you give us to make the decision as to which service is required for each child/young person. We will have to return requests lacking adequate information which then delays a service to a child or young person. 

We are always happy to talk through a case prior to you completing a Request for Help. Please bear in mind that we cannot discuss any information about a client without consent. You can make a general enquiry and ask for advice without consent, as long as you do not use names.

What the Early Help Hub is not:

  • A face to face service
  • An assessment service
  • A referral access point for:
    • Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust (RCHT) services, including occupational therapy, vision or hearing tests
    • Voluntary or third sector organisations
    • Educational concerns
    • Child protection referrals 
    • Housing or financial concerns

Download Request for Help forms

Please note that although Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), Autistic Spectrum Disorder Assessment Team (ASDAT) and Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) referrals are processed by the Early Help Hub, we are unable to answer questions about the triage decision making for these services.

If you have any questions about the specifics of these services and their decisions, please see the relevant contact numbers to contact the teams directly. Or, for the correct referral pathways and forms for these services see the Request for Help forms page.