The referral process for neurodevelopmental assessments includes assessments for:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning, sensory and coordination difficulties
Please note, there are 3 parts to this referral and all sections need to be completed and returned including:
- Form A | Referral form
This needs to be completed by a professional who knows the child / young person in a professional capacity. eg GP, school, other health or social care professional
- Form B | Information from the parent
- Form C | Information from the school
NB: Children under the age of 5 1/2 where ASD is suspected will be passed to the Community Paediatricians and Speech and Language Therapists. This will be in the first instance if they are not already open to these services.
The leaflet and video below will give you more information about how to make a referral.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.