Essential maintenance will be taking place on a number of online systems on Sunday 24 June between 10am and 5pm. This may lead to some parts of the website being unavailable at times. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
What is One Vision?
One Vision sets the foundation for which we will shape the future integration of education, health and social care services for children, young people and their families in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. It's an ambitious plan but by bringing together all of the people and services that work with and support children and young people we can break down the barriers that distract us from achieving our principle for each and every child and young person to be safe, healthy and have equal chances in accessing all available opportunities to achieve brighter futures.
How are we going to make life better for vulnerable children and young people?
There are five priority outcomes we are working towards to improve the lives of the most vulnerable children and young people in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. These are:
- Strengthening families and communities - by providing high quality preventative services for all and targeted early support those who are vulnerable.
- Promoting and protecting children's physical, emotional and mental health - by developing improved early years services, promoting healthy lifestyles and emotional resilience and providing support to help children and young people recover from adverse childhood experiences like neglect and abuse.
- Helping and protecting children from the risk of harm - by providing services to support children at risk of neglect and abuse arising from parental problems like mental health problems, alcohol / substance misuse and domestic abuse.
- Raising the aspiration and achievement of children and young people towards economic wellbeing - focussing on providing support in early years to improve school readiness, raise progress and achievement at all stages above the national average, and improve outcomes for children with special educational needs and disabilities, children in care and care leavers.
- Making a positive contribution to the community - supporting parents / carers to find employment through coaching, education and training opportunities; working with partners to reduce anti social behaviour, homelessness, and drug and alcohol problems; providing guidance and support to young people at risk of not being in education, employment and training and providing educational, housing and employment support for care leavers.
The One Vision Partnership Plan
An ambitious plan aimed at radically changing the way services work together to improve the lives of children, young people and their families in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly has received enthusiastic support through the governance processes of the partner agencies and was endorsed by the multi-agency Health and Wellbeing Board on 23 March 2017. Senior leaders of the main agencies have come together to agree how to change the way education, health and social care services are provided in future.
The One Vision Partnership Plan sets the foundation for a Children and Young People Transformation Plan 2017-2020, which will shape the future integration of education, health and social care services for children, young people and their families in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
What can I do as a resident of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly?
Get involved, give your ideas as to how we can work together to improve the life chances of our children and young people.