Information about Covid19:
Please read our information on how we are supporting residents and businesses, as well as information on affected services.

Beeline - how to make a complaint

How to make a complaint if you are a child or young person in care

What can I complain about?

Continue reading

Anything that is bothering you - for example, the way you are treated by your social workers or foster carers, or any decisions we make without finding out your views. We will do our best to put you in touch with someone who can help.

It is best to speak with your workers first of all. You can also ask to speak to the Team Manager in your local Social Care office who is your Social Worker’s manager. If that doesn't work you can contact the complaints team.

How do I do that?

  • Telephone the Beeline on 0800 028 8228, which is a freephone telephone service. It is answered personally through the working day, and if you ring outside office hours you can leave a message.
  • Fill in a complaint form and send it to the address on the form.
  • Write to the Complaints Manager
  • Ask someone else to complain for you

How will the complaints team deal with my complaint?

You can talk over how you would like your complaint to be dealt with by the complaints team.

Yes. All young people making a complaint are offered an advocate, who is an independent person to help them, or you can choose someone you know to support you.

I'm a bit worried about making a complaint - will it be held against me?

No. It is your right to complain, and all the information you give us will be treated sensitively.