We are looking for people from all backgrounds and lifestyles. The important thing is that you can offer a safe and secure home and can provide a loving and nurturing environment for a child.
There are lots of myths about who can become an adoptive parent. The reality is that we need people from all walks of life. Every child is different, so we encourage a wide range of people to consider adoption.
You can adopt
- Whether you are single, married, in a partnership.
- Regardless of your sexual orientation.
- Regardless of your cultural, religious and ethnic background.
- If you are a parent already.
- If you live in your own home or rent one.
- If you are over 21 years of age. There is no upper age limit.
- If you are in receipt of benefits.
- If you have a disability
- If you have had fertility treatment. We do recommend that the treatment has been concluded for a minimum period of 6 months, and that adoption is a positive choice for you.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.
- Adoption team
- 01872 322200