Being assessed to become an adoptive parent can be quite intense, so you need to know that you are ready to start the process.
To consider adoption you need to:
- Be over the age of 21
- Be a resident in the United Kingdom
- Have a spare room
- Have lived in Cornwall for more than 2 years
- Have been a non-smoker for at least 6 months (this includes e-cigarettes)
- Have concluded fertility treatments for a period of at least 6 months
- Have the time and energy to commit to the adoption process
- Be ready to be honest and open about your life experiences!