Support at home

If you or someone you know needs help with day to day living at home, you can ask for a needs assessment.  This is a chance for us to look at your social care needs and work with you to identify support to help you to live independently.  There is no charge for a needs assessment.

You can also search Support in Cornwall to find independent care agencies that provide home support with personal care tasks such as washing, dressing and using the toilet or with housework.  The website includes details of care homes, meals on wheels, voluntary and community groups, organisations and more.

Our Extra help at home when you leave hospital factsheet the support available for people who need extra help at home after leaving hospital.  There is also an easy read version of the factsheet.

Whether you need help when feeling unwell, assistance after a fall or a lifesaving intervention – you can set your mind at rest that you or your loved ones can be helped to find support to stay safe.

Do you or your loved one/friend

  • live alone
  • have no immediate family support
  • come home from a recent hospital discharge
  • had a recent trauma
  • need support to be a carer

Sometimes called Lifeline or button alarm, Alfi (Assisted Living for Independence) is a Cornwall Council service with 24/7 monitoring from a locally based monitoring centre. Find out more on the Alfi page.