Home Page Council News Room Site Map Ask a question Website - information and help Listening and Learning: Compliments, comments and complaints Access Keys

Help at home

Help at home and personal care

If you or someone you know needs help with day to day living at home, you can ask for a needs assessment.  This is a chance for us to look at your social care needs and work with you to find out which services will best help you to live independently.  There is no charge for a needs assessment.


You can also search the Cornwall Care and Support Directory to find independent care agencies that provide help at home with personal care tasks such as washing, dressing and using the toilet or with housework.  The website includes details of care homes, meals on wheels, voluntary and community groups, organisations and more.

Our Extra help at home when you leave hospital factsheet explains the services we can offer to support people who need extra help at home after leaving hospital.  There is also an easy read version of the factsheet.

Adult Care and Support

0300 1234 131