Adult social care complaints

How to make an adult social care complaint

The Adult Social Care Statutory Complaints Procedure explains how we handle complaints. The procedure is different from the complaints procedure for the rest of Cornwall Council. 

Continue reading

If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we must have their permission to investigate the complaint. This needs to be in writing. Please contact us for details.

You can make a complaint to Adult Care and Support if we:

  • have done an assessment with you 
  • give you a service
  • give you a direct payment or individual budget

You don’t have to be alone when you make a complaint. You can choose someone you know to speak for you if you want to.

If you need help making your complaint, our complaints team can provide support.  Please contact us for details.

You can contact the Local Government Ombudsman at any stage of your complaint.  However, the Ombudsman will usually recommend that you go through our complaints procedure first.