What is Lifeline and Assisted Living?
Lifeline and Assisted Living (previously known as ALFI) is Cornwall Council’s in-house Telecare Service Provider offering 24/7 monitoring and installation of Lifeline alarms and a wide range of sensors. It supports people to maintain their independence at home with the benefits of round-the-clock reassurance that help is at hand when it’s most needed. The team are based in Threemilestone, Truro, and the Lifeline service is fully accredited to the Telecare Services Association's Quality Services Framework, ensuring our service users receive the highest possible standards of care and support when they need it most.
Please call 0300 7900 603 if you would like an informal discussion about Lifeline and Assisted Living.
Lifeline could be for you
Help and reassurance, 24 hours a day, at the touch of a button.
From as little as £3.48 a week your monitored Lifeline will connect you to our friendly, professional team.
Whether you need help when feeling unwell, assistance after a fall, or a lifesaving intervention – your family and friends can have peace of mind that 24/7 assistance is a button press away.
We offer a range of equipment from leading UK telecare equipment manufacturers, including:
- Lifeline Alarm and pendant(s)
- New Geo-fence and GPS enabled alarms and New "Out of Home" mobile telecare solution view information on these feature in our Lifeline Assisted Living Footprint Ownfone leaflet
- Carer pagers (where alerts are not monitored by our 24/7 alarm receiving centre)
- Wrist worn fall detector (Vibby)
- Fall pendant (ivi)
- New Paper Thin Falls Prevention Mat (suitable for profiling beds)
- PIR Movement or inactivity sensors
- New “Jelly Bean” big button pendant (often fixed to side of bath or shower, also used as a bogus caller alert by the front door)
- Property exit / door open sensors
- Smoke detectors
- Carbon Monoxide detectors
- Pill dispensers
- Epilepsy sensors
- Enuresis sensors
- Key safes
- Battery operated Lifeline (where the service user doesn’t have a suitable power source)
- GSM Lifeline (where the service user doesn’t have a telephone line)
- Digital ready smart hubs
A local, accredited provider.Apply for a Lifeline alarm online
How Technology Enabled Care can help Falls
How much does Lifeline cost?
We charge a one-off fee of £42.57 (excluding VAT) to visit you at home and carry out an assessment and installation of your Lifeline equipment. VAT exemption normally applies to telecare products.
Many of our customers decide to take our easy self-installation option. Fitting a Lifeline yourself is usually quick and easy and is especially recommended during the Covid-19 outbreak.
How to install a Lifeline
Our low weekly charge includes the cost of 24 / 7 alarm call monitoring, 365 days a year, and any repairs or maintenance required to your Lifeline equipment.
The Lifeline and pendant is supplied at £14.98 a month (excluding VAT)
We also offer an installation service for Police Approved KeySafesfor £93.98. This item is not VAT exempt and this price includes supply, fitting by our technician, and VAT.
Many of our clients add extra equipment to their Lifeline, or select from one of our popular packages. Please refer to the price list for more information.
We now also offer Mobile Out-of-Home Solutions so you can have the reassurance of knowing help is at hand whenever you need it. Please see our Lifeline Assisted Living Footprint Ownfone leaflet for more information.
Our new OwnFone Mobile Deviceis available for £21.67 (per month, excluding VAT) or choose the Footprint with Location Technologyfor £28.17 (per month, excluding VAT)
If you prefer not to apply online you can download and complete the Lifeline application form
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.