Cornwall Sites Allocation DPD Examination - News Archive
The Inspectors have accepted exceptionally late representation from Ocean Reach Falmouth(Axis) on the HRA as potentially indicating a material change in legal circumstances and publish it alongside a response received from the Council as an examination documents (Refs F.38 and F.39) to be taken into account in the report. However, the inspectors have decided to take no further action at this stage. The Inspectors note is referenced F.40.
The Council has collated the consultation responses. These have been submitted to the Inspectors for review. Further information will be posted in due course.
The Allocations DPD has been examined at a number of Hearings (discussions). This was during its Examination in Public in late 2017/early 2018. This resulted in a number of changes being made. These changes have now been through a six week public consultation. This closed on 22 October 2018. For further information on the consultation and to view the responses received please review the Cornwall Site Allocations DPD webpage.
7 September 2018
Cornwall Site Allocations DPD Consultation on the proposed modifications. This runs from Monday 10 September and closes at 5.00pm on Monday 22 October 2018.
The Cornwall Site Allocations DPD: Schedule of Proposed Modifications consultation documents can be viewed on the Cornwall Site Allocation DPD Webpage.
Cornwall Council submitted the Cornwall Site Allocations Development Plan to the Secretary of state on 31 October 2017 for independent examination.
The Cornwall Site Allocations Development Plan will now be subjected to an independent examination. This is to be conducted by the Planning Inspectorate to determine whether the Allocations DPD is sound. This is a continuous process. It will run from the date of submission to the receipt of the appointed Planning Inspector’s Report.
The Cornwall Site Allocations Development Plan and all supporting documents are available to view. You can view the submission documents Cornwall Site Allocations Submission Documents.
31 July 2018
26 July 2018
24 July 2018
Further to the Inspectors Note, Ref INSP.S10, of 12 March 2018, the Government published the final version of its revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). In response to this INSP.S10.1 has been added to the examination library.
18 July 2018
In response to the three documents prepared by the Council for further information on Penzance, Bodmin and Saltash (CC.S10 series), the Inspectors have issued a note to the Council, INSP.S15, seeking further clarification.
6 July 2018
Cornwall Council has now responded to the requests by the Inspectors for further information, contained in INSP.S14. The response documents are under consideration by the Inspectors who will indicate in due course how the Examination will proceed from now on. The response documents, CC.S10.1 - Penzance and Newlyn , CC.S10.2- Bodmin, CC.S10.3 - Saltash, can be found in the examination library.
21 May 2018
The Council have reviewed the Inspectors note, INSP.S14, and have informed the Inspectors that it is their intention to prepare the necessary information to address the points raised for the three towns highlighted within the note, with an aim to submit this additional information by the end of June 2018.
11 May 2018
The Inspectors have issued note INSP.S14 to the Council, this note is a request for additional information.The note is no way a formal partial or interim report and its contents are written entirely without prejudice to our ultimate findings as to the soundness of the Plan as a whole and any Main Modifications (MMs) which may be required to make it sound. Our views expressed herein could alter, depending on any additional information we receive from the Council in response.
2 May 2018
Further to INSP.S12, the Inspectors are conscious that it is now past the end of April when they had provisionally indicated that they would aim to issue a comprehensive review of Main Modifications(MMs) proposed to date (V3) together with provisional views on any further MMs they consider necessary.
Their work has been a little protracted so they now hope to reach that stage by the end of next week ie 11 May or, in the worst case and allowing for other commitments, by 25 May at the latest.
25 April 2018
The Council have submitted their response to the Inspectors note INSP.S13, CC.S9 along with Comparison and Anticipated Delivery document the proposed Main Mods Version 3, and West Carclaze Progress Update Note, these documents can be found in the Post Submission Correspondence page.
- CC.S9 - Councils Response to Inspectors Procedural Note INSP.S13
- CC.S9.1 - Appendix A – Comparison and Anticipated Delivery
- CC.S9.2 - Appendix 2A – Proposed Schedule of Mods – V3
- CC.S9.3 - Appendix 2B – CSADPD – Submission Version with Proposed Mods
- CC.S9.4 - Appendix 3 – West Carclaze Progress Update
17th April 2018
Saltash NDP Group have submitted their draft NDP and H1 Policy documents as a supplement to the NP Group’s position statement, PS176.11, this new document is referenced PS176.11.1 and to be taken into account in reporting.
This is allowed exceptionally as up to date information useful to the Examination related to the development plan of which both the CSADPD and the Saltash NDP would ultimately form parts.
11th April 2018
The Hearing for Matter 8, St Austell and the Eco-communities, took place on Tuesdasy 10th April, this was the last town-specific Hearing.
The final hearing session to review general matters provisionally scheduled for 18 April 2018 will NOT now take place.
The Council will be asked to provide Version 3 of the MM Schedule on a date to be agreed after the St Austell Hearing, together with the other actions and documents requested in the Procedural Note of 23 March 2018.
In the meantime, the Inspectors will revisit all the evidence in detail in order to provide, if possible by the end of April 2018, a comprehensive review of MMs proposed to date together with their provisional findings as to any further MMs they consider it necessary for the Council to prepare and any additional work required in association with such MMs.
Once that work is complete, a further hearing session may be arranged either before or after the MMs are published for public consultation and before the Inspectors complete their Report. This will ensure that all Representors have the opportunity to comment on any matter arising during the Examination.
10th April 2018
- The Lead Inspector has issued a Procedural Note to the Council following yesterdays hearing on Matter 8, INSP.S13 can be found in the Examination Library.
6th April 2018
- CC.S8.1 has been added to the library, this document
provides the brief overview of Support/ Objections to each of the Housing / PBSA and Employment site allocations during the Reg-19 consultation, which was requested by the Inspectors under the ‘General’ item in the Inspectors’ Note INSP.S11
As set out in the introduction to each section, this document is only meant as a very brief overview of some of the main points raised, so should be read in conjunction with the more detailed summary of representations that is available on the Council’s examination page.
5th April 2018
- The Agenda for Matter 8, St Austell, and the Carclaze and Par Docks Eco-communities Spatial Strategy and Allocations,this hearing will take place on Tuesday 10th April 2018 at 10.00am at the St Austell Print Conference Centre.
29th March 2018
The Council have added a number of documents to the examination library.
- CC.S8 - Councils Response to Inspectors Procedural Note INSP.S11
- F.18 - St Austell Delivery Schedule
- F.19.1 - Launceston CNA - Employment Space Delivery incl. contribution from site allocations - Updated summary from F.19, incorporating yield from safeguarded sites (amendments highlighted in red)
- F.28 - F.35 has also been added to the examination library.
14th March 2018
13th March 2018
- F.25 - Cornwall Council and Vallis Developments (Laurence Associates) [65a] have agreed a Statement of Common Ground. The representations submitted were related to Policy LAU-H3 (Kensey Valley) at Launceston and amendments to this in order to improve the deliverability of the scheme.
- F.26 - Falmouth Town Draft Submission Neighbourhood Development Plan has been added to the Examination Library.
12th March 2018
- The Inspectors have provided an update on the changes to the National Planning Policy Framework for the Council and Representors, this is referenced INSP.S10 of the Examination Library.
9th March 2018
- The Council Response to the Inspectors Procedural Note INSP.S9 has been added to the library, CC.S7.
- CC.S4.1.1 - Schedule of Modifications V2 March 2018 has been updated and added to the library.
- PS.104.9 - Craig Russon Position Statement for Matter 9, Bodmin, has been added to the library.
7th March 2018
- Boyer Planning on behalf of Westcountry Land have provided an update on Matter 6, Falmouth and Penryn Spatial Strategy and Allocations, prior to the hearings on Tuesday 13th March. This has been accepted as an exception as the Council have been asked to provide an update on Mater 6 prior to the commencement of the hearings for Matter 6. This document has been referenced F.2 and forms part of the examination library.
6th March 2018
- PS.236.9, Christine Howard, Rep 236, Position Statement for Matter 9 has been added to the library.
5th March 2018
The Inspectors have issued the Hearing Agenda's for Matter 6, Falmouth and Penryn Spatial Strategy and Allocations and Matter 2, Penzance and Newlyn Spatial Strategy and Allocations , of the Examinations of the Cornwall Sites Allocations DPD.
2nd March 2018
- The Inspectors have issued a procedural note, INSP.S9, to the Council. The note confirms actions required and agreed by the Council as discussed during the first two Hearings on 27 and 28 February 2018 on Matters 1(General) and 11 (Saltash) and following the postponement of Matters 7, 9 and 10 (Newquay, Bodmin and Launceston) due to imminent adverse weather on 28 February and 1 March 2018.
- INSP.S7.1, Detailed Programme, has been updated with document INSP.S7.1.2, version 4, this has been added to the library and circulated to representors.
27th February 2018
Barton Wilmore on behalf of Redrow homes, have informed us that further to the issue of their position statements to Matter 1 and Matter 8, it has come to their attention that there are some formatting issues in our Figure 2 ‘Table of Disputed Sites’ which has led to some of the information scrambling. As such, is an updated track changed version ,PS.205.1.1 and PS.205.8.1 of the table as Rev A and their original position statement.
21st February 2018
- The Inspectors have issued the Hearing Agenda's for Week one of the Examinations of the Cornwall Sites Allocations DPD, along with their Opening Remarks document, EH.1.
19th February 2018
- PS.CC.LC - Cornwall Council Position Statement on Legal Compliance
- Cornwall Council and Plymouth City Council Statement of Common Ground, CC.S6, has been added to the examination library.
- Montgomery Property Group Position Statement has been added to the Examination Library, PS.167.3.
16th February 2018
- Document B3.1.1 has been added to the Library, this is an update to document B.3, Cornwall Local Development Scheme Document.
14th February 2018
The Inspectors issued the following documents to all Representors;
- PO.S3 - Programme Officer Letter
- INSP.S7.1 - Detailed Programme - Issue Version 2-14th Feb 18
- Document F1, Planning Statement and Decision Notice (Rep 319) Prepared for Irregular Cornwall Ltd, has been added to the Examination Library Supporting Evidence.
2nd February 2018
- Position Statements have been received and submitted to the Inspectors by respondents who will be participating at the Examination Hearing Sessions.
1st February 2018
Cornwall Council and Natural England Statement of Common Ground
17 January 2018
The Inspectors issued the following documents to all Representors,
- PO.S2 Programme Letter
- INSP.S7 Detailed Programme issue version 1-16 January
- INSP.S8 Hearing Venues-Directions and Details
12 January 2018
The Examination Public Hearings will commence at 10:00am on Tuesday 27 February 2018 at the Atlantic Hotel, Dane Road, Newquay, Cornwall TR7 1EN followed by a number of days at various locations. Details of exact dates and venues can be found in the Notice of Examination Hearings.
21 December 2017
The Council responded to INSP.S6 Additional questions to the Council with CC.S4 (response in red text) and accompanying appendices.
- CC.S4 Council Response (red text) to INSP.S6
- CC.S4.1 Appendix 1 Schedule of Proposed Modifications Dec 2017
- CC.S4.2 Appendix 2 Statement of Common Ground Highways England
- CC.S4.3 Appendix 3 Statement of Common Ground Historic England
- CC.S4.4 Appendix 4 Housing Supply and Delivery
- CC.S4.5 Appendix 5 Review of Retail Permissions
11 December 2017
The Inspectors issued the following documents to all Representors,
- PO.S1 Invite Letter Cornwall Site Allocation Development Plan
- INSP.S3 Guidance Note from the Inspectors
- INSP.S4 Draft Schedule of Matters and Issues
- INSP.S5 First Draft Programme of Hearings
8 December 2017
The Inspectors issued the Council with INSP.S6 Additional questions to the Council.
30 November 2017
The Council responded to INSP.S2 Initial questions to the Council with CC.S3 (response in red text) and accompanying appendices.
- CC.S3 Cornwall Council response to INSP.S2
- CC.S3.1 Cornwall Council response to INSP.S2 Appendix 1
- CC.S3.2 Cornwall Council response to INSP.S2 Appendix 2
- CC.S3.3 Cornwall Council response to INSP.S2 Appendix 3
- CC.S3.4 Cornwall Council response to INSP.S2 Appendix 4
- CC.S3.5 Cornwall Council response to INSP.S2 Appendix 5
- CC.S3.6 Cornwall Council response to INSP.S2 Appendix 6
24 November 2017
The Inspectors issued the INSP.S2 Initial questions to the Council.
14 November 2017
The Council responded to INSP.S1 Preliminary note to the Council. The Council issued a Section 20(7)(c) Request Letter
6 November 2017
The Inspectors issued the INSP.S1 Preliminary note to the Council