Planning fees

A list of planning fees and charges are available in our Planning and Sustainable Development Service Fees and Charges Document and include fees for pre-application advice, validation checking and land charges.

If you would like clarification on how our planning fees are calculated, this is available in our Planning Fees and Charges Supplementary Document.

Continue reading

We offer various services which can help you to get information or assistance quickly. If you require one of the services listed on pages 9-11 of the document above, please complete and return the Additional Service Application Form

Please note that the Government has increased the statutory planning fees by 20% with effect from 17 January 2018. 

The Planning and Sustainable Development Service Fees and Charges Document above has been amended to incorporate the new planning application fees.  These will apply to all planning applications submitted after 16 January 2018.

Planning application fees will now also be charged for those applications made as a result of the removal of permitted development rights and for a number of new planning application types.

Pay for your planning application online

You can also pay:

By phone

Telephone 0300 1234 151. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm

By cheque 

Please make cheques payable to Cornwall Council.  

By post, please send your cheque to Planning and Sustainable Development Service, Cornwall Council at the relevant address below:

  • Dolcoath Avenue, 
    TR14 8SX

  • Pydar House, 
    TR1 1XU

  • Penwinnick Road, 
    St Austell, 
    PL25 5DR

  • Chy Trevail,
    Beacon Technology Park, 
    PL31 2FR

Please note that if you submit an application via the Planning Portal, any fees due must be paid to the Planning Portal, not Cornwall Council.

Without this payment, the Portal will not release the application to the Council. Due to financial restrictions we are unable to transfer payments onto the Planning Portal and must refund the original payee, which will delay your application.

If you have any queries about this, or any other issues with regards to the Planning Portal payment system, please contact the Portal direct on 0333 323 4589 or

Please note that the Planning Portal is a private company and is not run by Cornwall Council.

The Planning Portal Fee Calculator is a useful tool that helps you work out the cost of your planning application by asking you a series of questions.

Full details of planning charges are given in the: The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications, Deemed Applications, Requests and Site Visits) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2017

For applications subject to a planning performance agreement, fees will be separately negotiated.

You can find out about the charges for building regulation work on the Building Control Charges page including fixed charges for domestic and non domestic work and how these charges can be paid.