Report a breach of planning control
You can report a suspected breach of planning control by using the appropriate form below.
Your enquiry/complaint will be treated as confidential within the Council as far as is possible, but you should be aware that in the event of the matter going to appeal or to Court you may be asked to give evidence and the Council will not be able to withhold your details. When completing the form your contact details are required as the Council will not investigate anonymous reports. However, if you feel unable to provide these details you will need to report the matter through your local Cornwall Councillor or Town/Parish Council.
'How do I report a planning breach?' Councillor Edwina Hannaford explains.
- Building or engineering works have/are being carried out (dwelling house)
- Building or engineering works have/are being carried out (not a dwelling house)
- Use of land or building has changed (including bringing caravans onto the land)
- Non-compliance with the plans/conditions attached to a planning permission
- Work to a listed building or demolition has occurred in a conservation area
- Work to trees within a Tree Preservation Order or Conservation Area
- An advertisement is being displayed
- Other forms of development or matters dealt with by planning enforcement