Report a flood

In order to complete our flood investigation reports and enable us to effectively prioritise our action plans, we need to understand what areas have been affected by flooding. 

If you wish to report flooding on the highway or an issue with highway drainage then please do so using the link below.

Report an issue with highway flooding

You can report a flood incident to us using the online form below or download and complete a Flood Incident Record and return to us.

Your flood incident report will give us a better understanding of the residential and commercial properties which have experienced internal flooding and why.

Do not use this form to report an emergency situation or to alert us to current flooding requiring an immediate response - please follow the Flood advice in emergency situations

Flood Incident Record

If the answer to either question below is Yes then this Incident Report will form part of a Section 19 Flood Investigation Report and will need to be published.

Privacy statement

Cornwall Council will process any personal data you provide in order to perform a task in the public interest.

In addition, your personal data will be held by Cornwall Council and used to:

  • Assess local flood risk,
  • Follow up a flood report,
  • Assist with recovery efforts,
  • Fulfil the Council’s statutory duty under the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 to investigate and record details of significant flood incidents in Cornwall.

Your personal information will not be used by Cornwall Council for marketing purposes.

Information submitted may be shared with other teams in Cornwall Council (e.g. Highways, Drainage, Emergency Planning) to assist with follow up action or to seek additional information to complete a flood investigation. If the flood incident is the responsibility of one of Cornwall’s other flood risk management organisations, the Environment Agency and South West Water, your information will be shared with them to assist with follow up action.

Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will not be processed outside of the UK. Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.

Your personal information will be retained for up to seven years in case we need to contact you during the Council’s next flood review cycle.

Read the full privacy policy.